Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Real Simple
Make and share this Asian Chicken With Brussels Sprouts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (or shredded)
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and light green parts)
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and carrots and simmer for 6 minutes. Stir in the Brussels sprouts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the scallions.
- Upgrade: Add more flavor to this dish by drizzling it with aromatic toasted sesame oil just before serving.