From Real Simple
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/8-inch rounds
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (or shredded)
- 2 scallions, sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Add the chicken and carrots and simmer for 6 minutes. Stir in the Brussels sprouts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- 3Divide among individual bowls and top with the scallions.
- 4Upgrade: Add more flavor to this dish by drizzling it with aromatic toasted sesame oil just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken With Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 979.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 41.5 g