Recipe by getoutofmygalley
I learned this recipe from an old Chinese man in Canada. He didn't know how to cook *much*, but when he did, there was rarely leftovers. I've had so many people ask me for the recipe, I decided to post it here, too. They're sticky and gooey and good. Great summertime party food!
- 6 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups hoisin sauce
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauce ingredients (everything but wings) in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Place wings in a large casserole dish or pan. Pour sauce over wings and make sure they are coated evenly.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain off sauce before grilling, and reserve about one cup of the marinade.
- Cook wings on a gas or charcoal grill, turning and basting every 10 minutes or so, for about 30 or 40 minutes, or until the skin on the wings appears slightly carmelised.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.