Recipe by Everything Tasty Kitchen
No need for take-out with this recipe! This one is for all of you that don't like to be in the kitchen but want a delicious home cooked meal with an Asian flair. It truly is so easy, fast and delicious. Serve with rice or noodles or you could cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces and serve as an appetizer. Enjoy! www.everythingtasty.blogspot.com
Top Review by rpgaymer
Really good chicken. I added fish sauce to the marinade, but otherwise followed everything exactly. I also marinaded it overnight. I liked how easy it was to make, and it was great served alongside Thai noodles.
- 6-7 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 59.14 ml tamari soy sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar or 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml sesame seeds (optional)
- 59.14 ml chopped scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth, vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a large zip lock bag. Mix until well combined. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade, seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Once the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs, 3-4 at a time, and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Don't move the chicken once you put it in the pan, let it get nice and brown on one side before you turn it over. Remove the chicken to a serving platter.
- Pour the remaining marinade in the hot pan and cook down for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Strain the sauce in a sieve and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or the chopped scallions.
- Note: Tamari is a type of soy sauce that his a richer flavor. Once you try Tamari, you won't buy any other soy sauce again!