Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious alternative to the everyday chicken soup!
Make and share this Asian Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g egg tagliatelle pasta noodles or 226.79 g thin spaghetti
- 2 piece skin-on bone-in chicken breasts
- 4 ribs organic celery, 2 cut into large pieces and 2 thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 carrot, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 large fresh bay leaf
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced on an angle
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 fresno chile pepper, thinly sliced
- fresh ginger, grated
- 29.58 ml tamari or 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 4 wedges limes
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook for 1 minute less than the instructions indicate. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken, large celery pieces, carrot, onion and bay leaf in a pot. Cover with 1 1/2 to 2 quarts water, bring to a boil and let poach for 12 minutes. Remove the chicken, discard the skin and let cool enough to handle. Shred or dice the meat and discard the bones. Strain the poaching liquid into a large measuring cup and add the store-bought chicken stock. (Using the quick-poach liquid alone makes for too thin a flavor, but adding it to store-bought stock works out nicely and stretches a buck.).
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the thinly sliced celery, scallions, garlic, chile pepper and the ginger and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock mixture and tamari (or soy sauce).
- Divide the noodles and shredded chicken among 4 soup bowls. Top with the soup and garnish with the lime wedges and cilantro.
Great soup! Lots of flavor, but very easy prep. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
I had already planned to make a chicken casserole tonight, and I figured this would be a perfect fit. I used spaghetti noodles, and soy sauce, and left out the scallion. None the less very flavorful, and full of vegetables, and the chicken stock, gave it some extra flavor. A very nice recipe to serve as a side, or even a small main dish. Cooking times were right on the dot. Made for a nice side, and a great tasty, nicely flavored recipe. Made for your win in Football Pool.