Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Guarenteed crowd pleasers, these wraps are perfect for leftover grilled chicken. the distinctive salty flavor from the fish sauce is balanced by fresh mint and lemon juice. From Eating Well.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (3/4 pounds)
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, cup into thin wedges
- 1 cup grated carrot (2 medium)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped scallion (1 bunch)
- 2⁄3 cup slivered of fresh mint
- whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven for 10 minutes to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through.
- Keep warm.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, scallions and mint in a large bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of the reserved dressing;toss to coat.
- Set out chicken micture, tortillas and remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table.
- Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed these. I've never used fish sauce before, and unfortunately I couldn't with this recipe either. (My local supermarkets were out). Instead I used soy sauce, and it turned out just fine. I've also never used fresh mint before, and i'm glad I added it. It gave it a nice flavor, that was different but not over powering. This is a great summer dish. Thanks
You were right Bev, thee are crowd pleasers!! Both my dbf and me enjoyed these so much!! I was a bit "scared" of the fish sauce ... but the dressing was great!!! It turned out a perfect lunch!! Thanks Bev! :)
A delightful mix of flavours. I cut back on the sugar slightly and wrapped in wholemeal mountain bread wraps instead of tortillas. A refreshing light lunch. Thanks for sharing.