Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another good and good for you salad. From Bon Appetit.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, plus
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, plus
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar snap peas
- 3 baby bok choy, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 red jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup ponzu sauce (available in Asian markets or in the ethnic food aisle )
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- Fill medium skillet with salted water; bring to boil. Add chicken breasts, cilantro sprigs, and whole green onion; reduce heat to medium and poach chicken until just cooked through, about 20 minutes. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate; cool. Add snap peas to same skillet; increase heat to high and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Drain; rinse snap peas under cold water to cool. Discard whole green onion and cilantro sprigs. Coarsely shred chicken. Toss chicken, chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, snap peas, and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk ponzu, vinegar, oil, and ginger in small bowl. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.