Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another good and good for you salad. From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Asian Chicken Salad With Snap Peas and Bok Choy recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, plus
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, plus
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sugar snap peas
- 3 baby bok choy, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 red jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup ponzu sauce (available in Asian markets or in the ethnic food aisle )
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- Fill medium skillet with salted water; bring to boil. Add chicken breasts, cilantro sprigs, and whole green onion; reduce heat to medium and poach chicken until just cooked through, about 20 minutes. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate; cool. Add snap peas to same skillet; increase heat to high and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Drain; rinse snap peas under cold water to cool. Discard whole green onion and cilantro sprigs. Coarsely shred chicken. Toss chicken, chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, snap peas, and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk ponzu, vinegar, oil, and ginger in small bowl. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.