Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just found this recipe in Bon appetit. It looks so delicious I simply had to share it!
- 3⁄4 cup asian-style dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups sliced red peppers or 2 cups yellow peppers or 2 cups green bell peppers (mixed)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs rotisserie chicken, meat torn into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 mango, peeled,pitted,sliced
- Mix dressing, cilantro, and ginger in small bowl.
- Toss spinach, peppers, chicken, and nuts in large bowl with enough dressing mixture to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among 4 plates.
- Top with mango and serve.
This is a wonderful salad that is easy to make if you use an already made rotisserie chicken. I bought one at the grocer while grabbing the other ingredients and put this one together really fast! I used an Asian dressing by "Walden Farms" called "Oriental Dressing" which is both fat and calorie free and it worked perfectly in this salad- I don't know if that is available to everyone, but it's worth looking for. I also used a salad mix called "Asian Greens" instead of baby spinach, but it contained mostly spinach anyway, and it was great! This salad does remind me quite a bit of the one that Wendy's serves called Mandarin Chicken Salad but this is much better. But I think this salad would also work well with mandarin oranges and chow mein noodles as substitutions in the salad in stead of mangoes and peanuts. Overall, this was a very healthy salad (I took the skin off my chicken and kept light on the nuts) and I know I will keep it as a part of my regular routine, when I need dinner in a hurry! Thanks for a great recipe, Bev!!!
I have had this recipe in my file for awhile and I am glad to see that it has already been posted. This is a great salad, great by itself for an evening summer dinner or luncheon. You really can be creative and add additional ingredients. I make my own Asian dressing, but really anything works.. Very good and easy to put together.
Very yummy salad! My first time trying mango and l love it! Interestingly enough, my family and I decided we'd like it better next time without the cilantro as it we felt it was in competition with the other flavors. I might omit the ginger next time as well, since the dressing I used had ginger in it and we were getting a little ginger-blasted. I also down sized the chicken and dressing quite a bit as there are only three of us, from 3/4 cup to a little less than a 1/4 cup, and for the chicken I gave each plate 2 1/2 ounces. I know, I know, so many changes, but I had to review it anyway as it was still so good!