Recipe by Bev
I just found this recipe in Bon appetit. It looks so delicious I simply had to share it!
Top Review by Sue Lau
This is a wonderful salad that is easy to make if you use an already made rotisserie chicken. I bought one at the grocer while grabbing the other ingredients and put this one together really fast! I used an Asian dressing by "Walden Farms" called "Oriental Dressing" which is both fat and calorie free and it worked perfectly in this salad- I don't know if that is available to everyone, but it's worth looking for. I also used a salad mix called "Asian Greens" instead of baby spinach, but it contained mostly spinach anyway, and it was great! This salad does remind me quite a bit of the one that Wendy's serves called Mandarin Chicken Salad but this is much better. But I think this salad would also work well with mandarin oranges and chow mein noodles as substitutions in the salad in stead of mangoes and peanuts. Overall, this was a very healthy salad (I took the skin off my chicken and kept light on the nuts) and I know I will keep it as a part of my regular routine, when I need dinner in a hurry! Thanks for a great recipe, Bev!!!
- 3⁄4 cup asian-style dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups sliced red peppers or 2 cups yellow peppers or 2 cups green bell peppers (mixed)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs rotisserie chicken, meat torn into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 mango, peeled,pitted,sliced