I cut this out of our local newspaper sometime in the 80s. The recipe intro stated this salad was a regular menu item at the restaurant in Neiman Marcus department store. Slightly altered recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup red cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup snow peas
Peanut Butter Dressing
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon regular sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- salt, to tate
- pepper, to taste
- 1Divide the salad ingredients onto 4 salad plates.
- 2Blend the peanut butter with the hot water until smooth.
- 3Slowly add the other ingredients; blending well.
- 4If salad dressing is too thick, thin with a little bit of hot water, about 1 tablespoon at a time; to desired consistency.
- 5Serve the salad dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken Salad With Peanut Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 553.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 14.7 g