Recipe by COOKGIRl
I cut this out of our local newspaper sometime in the 80s. The recipe intro stated this salad was a regular menu item at the restaurant in Neiman Marcus department store. Slightly altered recipe.
Top Review by mama smurf
DH and I had this for our lunch the other day and it was quite tasty and easy. I did use leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco, used romaine and iceburg lettuce with the cabbage and a little more red onion (love onion). Definately one I will make again. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup red cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup snow peas
Peanut Butter Dressing
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon regular sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- salt, to tate
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the salad ingredients onto 4 salad plates.
- Blend the peanut butter with the hot water until smooth.
- Slowly add the other ingredients; blending well.
- If salad dressing is too thick, thin with a little bit of hot water, about 1 tablespoon at a time; to desired consistency.
- Serve the salad dressing on the side.