Recipe by cookiedog
This salad makes a wonderful lunch or light dinner. You can even make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken. The maple nuts take less than 5 minutes to make so the salad comes together very quickly.
Top Review by queenlinnea
Flavourful. Replaced maple syrup with regular syrup and a bit of brown sugar. Added a little extra brown sugar to the dressing too. Would maybe be good with a bit of cheese, or even some mandarin oranges when in season.
Maple Glazed Pecans
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro or 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 -6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded rotisserie-cooked chicken or 1⁄2-1 cup cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Glazed Maple Pecans: Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat until warm. Add pecan halves, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes while stirring, being careful not to let them burn. You'll know they are ready when they smell good. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Dressing: Whisk together oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, grated ginger, cilantro, and brown sugar, in a small bowl.
- Salad: Right before serving, mix half of the dressing with the salad greens. Divide on plates. Arrange chicken and apple slices over bed of greens. Sprinkle with raisins, carrot, and glazed pecans and drizzle with remaining dressing to taste.