Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very flavorful, fairly spicy, Asian-type salad. If you don't like it too hot, substitute sweet chili sauce for the hot chili sauce or mix half and half. The flavors need a few hours to blend, so it's a good idea to let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours. Salad can be nicely garnished with additional cilantro and lime slices. You can also use diced cooked chicken in place of the steamed chicken breasts if desired.
- 7 ounces packagesglass noodles or 7 ounces packagesoriental rice noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cover noodles with boiling water and let sit 5-8 minutes, or until cooked.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Steam chicken for 15 minutes, then shred into small pieces.
- Place noodles, chicken, onions, carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, mint and cilantro into large bowl.
- Mix together chili sauce, lime juice and sesame oil then pour over noodle mixture and toss well.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.
Excellent!! Easy to make, and I actually added fresh green beans for more vegtables. I like spicy food and this has a nice kick so if you do not like spice use the sweet chili sauce. I will be making this one again.