Recipe by Xexe
A very crunchy salad with a tasty asian style dressing.The chinese rice noodles are of the cellophane type and can be found in the asian section of most grocery stores.They are often in rectangle form and in clear packaging
Top Review by mianbao
This salad is delicious! I did do a certain amount of customizing, but I think I retained the spirit of the salad. I scaled the recipe for two servings, used 1 chicken thigh and shredded cabbage and cucumber, rather than lettuce. I followed the recipe for the dressing and other parts of the salad, but didn't really measure the rice noodles, just pulled some off the bunch. They did fry up perfectly white and lightly crunchy. I used the green onion and black sesame seeds, which looked nice. The only thing I might do differently next time is to make more dressing, because today's salad was a little dry. I squeezed a lemon wedge over it to remedy that, so it's just fine. Thank you very much for posting this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 8 ounces dried rice noodles
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed dried and chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the brown sugar,soy sauce,sesame oil, vegetable oil,and rice wine vinegar To prepare the rice noodles heat a skillet with a few tablespoons of oil and break off a little bit of the noodles and add them to the skillet and fry them.
- As they begin to puff up remove them from the skillet and drain them on paper towels.
- be sure to cook them long enough as the under cooked noodles will be like eating needles.
- Once cooked add them to the salad mixture.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce,chicken,green onions,and sesame seeds.
- Let chill about 10 minutes and just before serving add the cooked rice noodles.
- Serve in salad bowl and offer the salad dressing in a pourable container so your family can add as much dressing as they want.
- you can also pour the dressing over the top of the salad, toss and serve immediately.