Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is similar to the oriental chicken salad at Applebees, and has the same awesome dressing but the chicken is healthier and I've tweaked the ingredients a little in an effort to get the carbs and calories down a bit. My husband loves this salad and it's very filling, enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 cups bagged coleslaw mix
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mandarin orange sections
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Bake, poach or grill the chicken breasts until done, slice thinly and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the dressing by combining the honey, rice wine vinegar, mayo, mustard and sesame oil.
- Toss the lettuce, cole slaw mix (or shredded cabbage) carrot, green onion and mandarin oranges and most of the dressing.
- Top with cooked chicken slices and almonds.