Recipe by TriciaP
This recipe is similar to the oriental chicken salad at Applebees, and has the same awesome dressing but the chicken is healthier and I've tweaked the ingredients a little in an effort to get the carbs and calories down a bit. My husband loves this salad and it's very filling, enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 cups bagged coleslaw mix
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mandarin orange sections
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake, poach or grill the chicken breasts until done, slice thinly and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the dressing by combining the honey, rice wine vinegar, mayo, mustard and sesame oil.
- Toss the lettuce, cole slaw mix (or shredded cabbage) carrot, green onion and mandarin oranges and most of the dressing.
- Top with cooked chicken slices and almonds.