Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe courtesy of Paula Dean
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & sliced
- Combine chicken, bean sprouts, snow peas and scallions.
- Make dressing using oil, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pour dressing over chicken mix.
- Add celery and water chestnuts.
- Serve chilled.
I really expected to like this more than I did. I am not sure why but even though all the individual ingredients are fine the finished product had a bitter taste to it (for me). I added another tsp. of sugar and a tsp. of vinegar which improved it slightly. I absolutely loved the crunchiness of all the veg. I will play with the dressing a bit if I make it again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. This was made for Fall PAC 2008.