Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rice sticks are thin rice-flour noodles that fry and expand very quickly. (Junior League cookbook)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 whole chicken breasts, cooked, skinned, boned, and shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 ounces rice sticks
- 1 large head lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a preheated 300 degree oven, toast the almonds and sesame seeds, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded chicken with the sesame seeds, almonds, and scallions. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, fry the rice sticks according to the package directions.
- Add the rice sticks and lettuce to the chicken mixture. Toss with the dressing.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Blend well and pour over the chicken mixture, using just enough dressing to coat lightly.