Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good, to do something different place the salad into a wrap for an easy lunch.
Make and share this Asian Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 16 wonton wrappers, cut into strips
- 2 -3 chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 bunch chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup mandarin orange, well drained
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili paste (I've used Texas Pete's to substitute)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place the chicken in a ziplock with 2 T sesame oil and 2 garlic cloves. Let marinade for 20 minute.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together till well incorporated, set aside.
- Place wonton strips onto sprayed baking sheet (or you can just fry them) Bake just till browned at 350° (watch closely).
- Grill chicken breasts till no longer pink. Cool and slice into strips.
- Toss romaine, carrots, cilantro, and onions. Then add chicken, wontons, almonds and mandarin oranges and toss w/ dressing till well coated. Serve.
I have been meaning to try this recipe since I saw the beautiful photo on the front page of Zaar. We really loved this salad. I loved the dressing!!! I put the leftovers in wraps for the lunch box! I baked my wonton wrappers, although I bet frying them would be awesome as well. This is a simple dish with a complexity that is wonderful! Thanks homegirl!
Very, very good. The dressing is very tasty. I'll probably make a different marinade for the chicken next time, but otherwise I highly recommend it. I didn't have wonton wrappers so I used crispy chow mein noodles instead.