Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Am PROUD to say, THIS recipe MAKES MY DAY! Was Masterchef cook off winner of the day, Has "boosted my confidence" beyond words, OK?
- 250 g ground chicken
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 4 tablespoons thickened cream
- 8 ounces wonton wrappers
- black pepper
- Mix first 10 ingredients in a bowl and marinate 6 – 8 hours or overnight.
- Thinly slice red onion; heat pan then add oil; sauté red onion until soft; set to low adding V8 and cream until boil; simmer up to 5 minutes.
- Place one wrapper on surface, fill middle with chicken mince mixture; brush edges with water; place second wrapper on top and seal; continue with wrappers and chicken mixture; set aside.
- Cook ravioli in saucepan of boiled water for about 2 -3 minutes; drain on paper towel on flat plate until all are done.
- Place cooked ravioli in serving bowls, topped with sauce, pine nuts, basil and black pepper.
- Chicken in UNCOOKED.
- Used V8 Hot and spicy.
- Finely dice spring onion, garlic, ginger and finely slice red onion.
- Can use pork mince or pork/veal combination, TRUE!
- Regular variety V8 or passata (cooked tomato concentrate) as a substitute too!
- Tamari (a soy sauce made without wheat), has rich texture and intense flavour,.
- Easily found at local supermarkets, I think this recipe is one to savour.
- HELPFUL HINTS: When ravioli floats to the top, they are done.
- Can rip fresh basil into the sauce --- provides more flavour; do not dice or chop.
Loved this filling for the ravioli. I doubled the sauce for DH but had to simmer it longer. I will be making fresh pasta rather than using wontons but was easy to do. Served an Asian salad with fried wontons ( to use the rest of the pkg.)
Wonderful recipe Mickey, congrats on the win! Great combination of flavours in the ravioli, I let the mixture marinate overnight and it smelled divine. The only change I made was to double the sauce quantity, just personal preference. Certainly a keeper and I can't wait to make it again.
CONGRATULATIONS Mickey! Well done on winning :)