1/2 Photos of Asian Chicken Ravioli With V8 Creamy Tomato Sauce
Am PROUD to say, THIS recipe MAKES MY DAY! Was Masterchef cook off winner of the day, Has "boosted my confidence" beyond words, OK?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g ground chicken
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 red onion
- 4 tablespoons thickened cream
- 8 ounces wonton wrappers
- black pepper
- 1Mix first 10 ingredients in a bowl and marinate 6 – 8 hours or overnight.
- 2Thinly slice red onion; heat pan then add oil; sauté red onion until soft; set to low adding V8 and cream until boil; simmer up to 5 minutes.
- 3Place one wrapper on surface, fill middle with chicken mince mixture; brush edges with water; place second wrapper on top and seal; continue with wrappers and chicken mixture; set aside.
- 4Cook ravioli in saucepan of boiled water for about 2 -3 minutes; drain on paper towel on flat plate until all are done.
- 5Place cooked ravioli in serving bowls, topped with sauce, pine nuts, basil and black pepper.
- 8Chicken in UNCOOKED.
- 9Used V8 Hot and spicy.
- 10Finely dice spring onion, garlic, ginger and finely slice red onion.
- 11Can use pork mince or pork/veal combination, TRUE!
- 12Regular variety V8 or passata (cooked tomato concentrate) as a substitute too!
- 13Tamari (a soy sauce made without wheat), has rich texture and intense flavour,.
- 14Easily found at local supermarkets, I think this recipe is one to savour.
- 15HELPFUL HINTS: When ravioli floats to the top, they are done.
- 16Can rip fresh basil into the sauce --- provides more flavour; do not dice or chop.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken Ravioli With V8 Creamy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.6
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 807.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar