Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Was at a BBQ on the weekend and almost had to wrestle the host for the recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup snow peas, halved
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb Asian noodles
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (284 ml) can water chestnuts, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl,mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, mustard, sesame oil, garlic and hot pepper flakes, set aside.
- Blanch snow peas in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain immediately and plunge into cold water. Drain again. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Cook pasta or noodles according to package directions, drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly and drain well.
- In a large bowl, stir together pasta, chicken, snow peas, red pepper, green onions, water chestnuts and reserved dressing. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Well chilled, this salad will keep for up to two days.