Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 scallions, chopped (reserve 2 Tbsp. to sprinkle on top)
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 -6 medium zucchini, cut in thin julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place chicken in bowl with ginger, soy sauce and 1 tablespoons oil for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a fry pan, add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until done. Remove chicken from pan, add mushrooms and scallions, cook until tender. Remove mushrooms and scallions from the pan. Add chicken stock and arrowroot to the pan and bring it to a boil. Return the chicken and mushrooms to the pan, add cashew. Reduce heat to simmer while sauteing the zucchini.
- Cut zucchini in julienne strips using a mandolin. Add to large fry pan with olive oil over medium heat, sautée for about 3-4 minutes until tender and season with salt to taste. Serve the cashew chicken over the top of the zucchini. Garnish with reserved scallions.