1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From Cooking Light, yet another recipe I can't wait to try. A whole chicken stewed in a soy liquid, served over cellophane noodles and cucumbers. I think some cilantro or Thai basil would be a nice compliment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 head garlic, seperated, crushed, and peeled
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, skinned
- 4 ounces cellophane noodles, cooked
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced-about 2 1/2 c
- 1/3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1Combine soy sauce, water and next 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven and bring to a boil. Remove from heat;cover and steep 10 minutes.
- 2Add chicken, breast side down; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, turning every 15 minute.
- 3Remove from heat, let chicken stand, breast side down, 20 minute Transfer to cutting board, reserving cooking liquid; cool completely. Strain liquid through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Return liquid to pot; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3/4 c, about 15 minute.
- 4Remove chicken from bones and cut into bite sized pieces. Discard bones. Place noodles on a platter and top with chicken, cucumbers, green onions and peanuts. Drizzle with reserved cooking liquid and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken over Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.0
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 890.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.5 g