Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
You will love these!... The delicious filling is wrapped in a large piece of crispy lettuce. I have even made these with leftover cooked rice added into the meat filling.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken (a mixture of dark and white meat) or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey (a mixture of dark and white meat)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional add in for extra heat)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (can use more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves (or use a package of lettuce crispy wraps)
- hoisin sauce, for dipping
- In a skillet cook the ground chicken or turkey in 1 teaspoon oil with the chili flakes (if using) garlic, ginger and mushrooms until the meat is no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the water chestnuts, teryaki sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, rice vinegar and hoisin sauce; cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the chopped green onions; cook for about 1 minute.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture between large lettuce leaves; roll up tighly.
- Serve with hoisin sauce on the side.
So good! I did not add the pepper flakes or the peanut butter. I did add some brown sugar, some dry sherry and some oyster sauce with the rest of your ingredients. I also used Recipe #92803 #92803. A keeper for sure.
Delicious! My family loves this dish. I substituted chopped carrot for the water chestnuts due to personal preference. I always make a double batch and freeze half for another night.
Husband and I enjoyed these immensely! Had as a main course for a light supper.