Recipe by TasteTester
A great dinner or delicious snack for the kids (and adults) anytime. The nuggets are crispy and have a nice juicy interior! Enjoy!
Top Review by Melvin'sWifey
These were good. I liked that they had a lot of flavor. I think I will try panko next time. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the picture, even though I followed the directions. Will try again, really good with egg fried rice!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar (I prefer the roasted garlic flavor)
- 3 large green onions, minced
- 1 piece gingerroot (1 to 1 1/2 inch, minced)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs (or substitute Panko crumbs for a more crispy exterior)
- 4 -6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with rice vinegar, greens onions, ginger, soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper; chill 1/2 hour to 8 hours. Drain checken well; discard marinade. Dip chicken in crumbs OR Panko; shake off excess.
- Heat 2 tbsps. oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook 1/3 to 1/2 of the chicken without crowding until no longer pink in the center, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain on paper towels. Repeat until all chicken is used.