Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From newest book. Haven't tried.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions, celery, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally until softened. About 7 minutes.
- Stir in chicken breasts, Napa cabbage, and salt. Add broth, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil, then add soba noodles. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, and chile-cgarlic paste. Serve hot.
My family loves this recipe. It is very easy to increase for lots of people and is very easy to make. We have also substituted ground turkey for the chicken and brown it with the celery and green onions. We have made it many times and my kids request it.