Recipe by Kyla M.
My boyfriend loves chicken noodle soup, but he's asian and wants it to have that comforting flavor, so I started testing out different ingredients and within my basic recipe until I found something that brokered no complaints.
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 3 celery ribs (chopped)
- 5 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger (chopped)
- 1 lb chicken breast (uncooked, diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons maggi seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute on medium heat celery, onions and carrots together in butter until the onions are soft and starting to turn golden.
- Add garlic and crystallized ginger and cook for another minute.
- Stir in diced chicken, ground ginger, basil, and five spice.
- Cook until chicken is just cooked and then add fish sauce, maggi, and broth.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Pour in egg noodles and cook for eight to nine minutes or until noodles are done.
- Taste for seasoning and serve.