1/1 Photo of Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
This soup uses the low calorie and low carb Shirataki tofu noodles. You'll never know the difference. For a quicker and easier option, try using all white meat canned shredded chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced (4 ounces)
- 1 cup celery, diced (4 ounces)
- 3 cups snow peas (8 ounces)
- 1 orange bell pepper, julienne cut (4 ounces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut baby corn
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tofu shirataki noodles
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 8 green onions, diced (2 ounces)
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste (optional)
- 1Drain and rinse tofu noodles and cut into whatever size pieces you prefer. (The fettucine shape looks like an egg noodle when cut up. The long spaghetti shape noodles are slurpy to eat, but are kindof fun in an Asian style soup.).
- 2Spray a large stockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Add the garlic, carots, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms, bell pepper, snow peas, baby corn, broth, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, and green onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Set aside.
- 5When the vegetables in the pot are starting to tender, add the noodles and chicken. Cover and simmer another 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 1045.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tofu shirataki noodles