Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I make many versions of this recipe, by far this has been my hubby's favorite. The unique thing about this dish is that I incorporate the rice noodles into the homemade meatballs that simmer to make that delicious broth.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon asian garlic and red chile paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water till soft, divide in half, then cut one half into 1/2 inch strands save other ha
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, diluted into
- 1 cup water
- 3 -5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in enough hot water to cover, then thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, juliened
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 slices crushed fresh gingerroot
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 2 heads baby bok choy, sliced
- fish sauce, to taste
- soy sauce, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce, for heat (optional)
- Meatballs: Combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Broth: Combine first 6 ingredients and simmer, covered for 15 minutes until mushrooms and vegetables are tender.
- Bring to a boil. Roll meatballs and drop into boiling broth, reduce heat and cover.
- Cook an additional 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Add peas, cook 2 minutes then add sliced bok choy.
- Adjust seasoning and serve over left over bean thread noodles or rice.