Recipe by WiGal
An adaptation of a CookingLight recipe. You could sub cucumbers for the water chestnuts.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Very nice! I used about 4oz noodles (half a pack) because we like more veggies that noodles. It is very good and I actually get something similar at a local Thai restaurant in St. Louis. I added some bamboo shoots, baby corn, sliced mushrooms and snow peas. I really like this!!! NOTE: I liked this better warmish than cold. . .to each his own! Made for ZWT6.
- 6 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed-DELI
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped (about 3)
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, drained and sliced
- 3 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated peeled
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and cool.
- Combine noodles, chicken, and next 4 ingredients (through mushrooms) in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine chili sauce and next 5 ingredients (through ginger) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle chili sauce mixture over noodle mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serve immediately.