Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
While this is not authenic Asian cuisine, it does have good Asian flavors.
Top Review by Shasha
Wow I was looking for a quick dinner and this was the answer! I used egg noodles instead of linguini (to make it even more asian) and canned chicken to make things even easier! I had to readjust a little though; it was coming out too salty (might be good to use light soy sauce next time) so I tried to temper it a bit with a little sugar and water. Overall great flavors!
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big pot, cook linguine according to package directions; rinse and drain; set aside.
- In the same big pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute the chicken in hot oil for 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, ginger, and cayenne pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and cooked pasta; toss to coat.
- Cook a couple of minutes or until pasta is heated through.
- Add the green onions, stir to mix.
- Serve immediately.