Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
While this is not authenic Asian cuisine, it does have good Asian flavors.
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- In a big pot, cook linguine according to package directions; rinse and drain; set aside.
- In the same big pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute the chicken in hot oil for 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, ginger, and cayenne pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and cooked pasta; toss to coat.
- Cook a couple of minutes or until pasta is heated through.
- Add the green onions, stir to mix.
- Serve immediately.
Wow I was looking for a quick dinner and this was the answer! I used egg noodles instead of linguini (to make it even more asian) and canned chicken to make things even easier! I had to readjust a little though; it was coming out too salty (might be good to use light soy sauce next time) so I tried to temper it a bit with a little sugar and water. Overall great flavors!
This was sooo yummy. Was kind of in a food rut and didn't have any good ideas for dinner last night. Zaar and Nurse Di to the rescue. I used shiitake mushrooms and followed the recipe to a tee. My husband and I thought the flavor was dynamic but not overdone. What I mean is you could taste the spices but you didn't have to choke down some water afterward because your mouth was burning. Thank-you for a quick, easy and definintely not boring dinner.
I was pretty certain this would be a good recipe but I love it when something turns out even better than I expect. That is the case with this recipe. Excellent spicy flavor and not too complicated for me to make on a busy week-night. Your description is very accurate, it has good Asian flavors that mingled together quite well. Putting this one in my keeper notebook. Thank-you.