Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be served hot or cold. I enjoy it hot. I also use chopped chicken as I like the texture better. If you do use ground chicken, be sure to brown it for a more pleasing color and flavor.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken (see above note)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (mae ploy sauce or sweet hot chili sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger (minced)
- Heat oil and cook chicken until brown.
- Add soy, mae ploy, sesame seeds, pine nuts, rice vinegar, garlic,and ginger and cook one minute.
- Serve in ramikin garnished with ground peanuts and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Scoop into iceberg lettuce leaves.
This has just become one of my favorite recipes on Zaar!!! These taste like you expect lettuce wraps to taste! You get that tangy, sweet and sour asian taste inside the crunch of the lettuce. I toasted my pine nuts in a little bit of oil in the skillet then set them aside until ready to use. I did not change a thing, the only thing that I did not do was the garnish of cilantro and peanuts. I chose to garnish mine with fresh jalapeno and tomato. I did try it with cilantro and it kind of fought with the delicious chicken mix so I opted for the heat of the jalapeno and the cool of the tomato instead. Love, Love, Love this recipe!! Thank you so much!!!
I was looking for a chicken lettuce wrap recipe that was not as involved as the PF Changs copycat. This was great; we gobbled this up! I used the cubed chicken, and I didn't have sweet chili sauce, so I subbed equal parts hot chili sauce and hoison sauce. It was pretty spicy, but since we like spicy, it was fine! Also, I didn't have cilantro, but I'm making it, again, tonight, and using cilantro, since I love it. I cut down the sesame seeds, by probably half, because I find the texture a little strange, in large quantiies, in this recipe...my own preference. Easy and delicious; thanks!