Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and impressive appetizer or light meal. Sometimes, to make things easier, I will buy pre-cooked or grilled chicken that you can find in the meat section of your market. The peanut sauce can be found in the international section, often called satay or panang peanut sauce. It can be quite spicy. Use pepper flakes to taste.
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spicy peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 leaves bibb lettuce, separated and washed (1 to 1 1/2 heads)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except lettuce and peanuts.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with peanuts.