Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chunks of chicken and vegetables are marinated in a mixture of soy, sherry and garlic, then grilled to perfection! Serve them over seasoned rice or couscous.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 small zucchini or 2 small yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1 cup pepper, red, green or 1 cup yellow pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2-inch pieces; place in large resealable plastic bag. Add zucchini, mushrooms and bell pepper to bag. Combine soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and garlic in bowl; pour over chicken and vegetables. Close bag securely; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Soak 4 (12-inch) wooden skewers in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Drain chicken and vegetables; reserve marinade. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables with onions onto skewers.
- Place on medium-hot grill. Brush with half of reserved marinade. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side; brushing with marinade.
- Time does not include marinating time.
Great tasting chicken kabobs!! I made mine using green bell pepper and chunks of regular onion and just loved the combination of flavors they added, along with the Asian marinade to the chicken. I served it with rice and green beans!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for I Recommend Tag.
This was great. I had large portabella mushrooms, so I chopped them into chunks like the zucchini. We really enjoyed this alongside some fried rice. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! The marinade was so tasty, and the combination of chicken breast and vegetables was perfect with it! We really enjoyed this, it was so easy and healthy and tasty. I marinated it for about 3 hours. The only change I made was to use Chinese rice wine instead of the dry sherry and to use low-sodium soy sauce instead of regular. Thanks so much for sharing, jkoch960! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.