Recipe by jkoch960
Chunks of chicken and vegetables are marinated in a mixture of soy, sherry and garlic, then grilled to perfection! Serve them over seasoned rice or couscous.
Top Review by diner524
Great tasting chicken kabobs!! I made mine using green bell pepper and chunks of regular onion and just loved the combination of flavors they added, along with the Asian marinade to the chicken. I served it with rice and green beans!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 small zucchini or 2 small yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1 cup pepper, red, green or 1 cup yellow pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1-1/2-inch pieces; place in large resealable plastic bag. Add zucchini, mushrooms and bell pepper to bag. Combine soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and garlic in bowl; pour over chicken and vegetables. Close bag securely; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Soak 4 (12-inch) wooden skewers in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Drain chicken and vegetables; reserve marinade. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables with onions onto skewers.
- Place on medium-hot grill. Brush with half of reserved marinade. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side; brushing with marinade.
- Time does not include marinating time.