Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
A refreshing snack and Asian Chicken salad rolled into one! Try Rachael Ray's Curry Chicken Cucumber Cup and Mediterranean Cucumber Cups as well, from RachaelRayShow.com!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup purple cabbage, shredded thin
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 English cucumbers, seedless
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, then add the whites of the scallions, ginger, and garlic. Sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, mix together the green parts of the scallion, water chestnuts, cabbage, chili paste, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and shredded chicken in a large bowl and reserve.
- Peel the cucumbers partially, so it has 4 stripes of skin going down the entire length of the cucumber. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and cut each cucumber into slices 3/4-inch thick - you should have about 20 pieces. Scoop out the center of each slice with a melon baller, leaving the shell of the flesh.
- Scoop about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Asian Chicken Salad into the cucumber cups and garnish the tops with the toasted sesame seeds.