Recipe by Ingy
A delicious and simple slaw using East Asian flavors. Note: for variation, add the juice of 1 lime.
Top Review by muncheechee
This is a favorite in our house that I like to keep in the fridge for quick lunches. I often make it with just the chicken, cabbage, bell peppers and dressing then top with almonds when served. The dressing is very flavorful even though I use splenda in place of sugar but dh prefers a creamy dressing so I add some mayo to it. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sugar snap pea
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshredded cabbage or 1 (10 ounce) packageany finely cut up cabbage
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare slaw, combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine cider vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir and pour dresssing over the slaw: toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds and sesame seeds before serving.