1 hr 33 mins
Found this in a flyer for Canadian Chicken farmers, tried it last week and they are good! Packed with flavour, nutrition and value for your money, 1 lb minced chicken feeds 6!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms (about 4 oz)
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Using sharp knife, remove core from cabbage.
- 2In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch cabbage for 10 to 15 minutes or until leaves are softened.
- 3With tongs, remove and chill in cold water; set aside on towel, core down, to drain.
- 4Filling: In large nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium high heat; cook onions, garlic and ginger, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms; cook stirring, for 5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- 6Add chicken; cook, stirring and breaking up with wooden spoon, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 7Add red pepper, coriander, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 8Remove from heat; stir in rice.
- 9Let cool slightly.
- 10Stir in egg.
- 11Working from core end of cabbage, carefully remove 12 leaves, trim off coarse backbone.
- 12Spoon about 1/3 cup filling onto each leaf.
- 13Fold end and sides over filling; roll up.
- 14Place rolls in single layer in large casserole dish.
- 15Sauce: In bowl, stir together tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, soy and oyster sauces, ginger and sesame oil.
- 16Pour over cabbage rolls.
- 17Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 40 minutes.
- 18Uncover and baste with sauce; cook, uncovered for 20 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbling and rolls are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.8
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 1519.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 24.8 g