Recipe by FLUFFSTER
These can be great for a nice lunch, for a picnic, BBQ with friends or family, or for no special reason than they're delish! I sometimes make these a little larger, and serve them with some rice. I'm a "chicken person" so a new way to prepare it is always fine by me.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce, fermented soy (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 6 large mushrooms
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients above except the vegetable oil, mushrooms, buns and garlic and form into 6 patties.
- Brush the grill with vegetable oil, then brush the mushrooms with oil and cook along with the patties for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Remove mushrooms when done.
- Cook patties for another 5 minutes until done.
- Split and lightly grill the buns. While hot, rub with a cut piece of garlic.
- Assemble burger with the mushrooms on top.