Healthy, tasty, and quick to put together. I found this recipe in Family Fun magazine as a recommendation for Pot Luck recipes, and modified it to what you see here based on what was in my grocery store. Satisfied my Chinese food craving, and crowd pleaser for my (picky) family. The colors make it look like a Mardi Gras parade- enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, blanched
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews (optional)
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli slaw mix, chicken, snap beans, red pepper, scallions, and cabbage.
- In another bowl whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Slowly add the canola oil and sesame oil; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Top with sprinking of the chopped cashews if desired.
This is a nice twist on broccoli slaw. The dressing was very nice, and the blend of veggies was colorful and delicious. I bet snow peas would also work well in this in place of the green beans, depending on what is in season. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe was really quick to put together, and was a huge hit with my family. I put the slaw in a spinach wrap and added a few chow mein noodles. YUMMY!! A definite repeat in our home!!!
This got very mixed reviews from the family at dinner last night. One member loved it, 1 said it was just okay. Three member's said they didn't really care for it and one person try as they might just couldn't eat it. This is one recipe that I probably will not make again, unless I am to bring something to a theme dinner. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2011.