Recipe by threeovens
A noodle bowl is basically a soup. This recipe can easily be changed to a beef noodle bowl, buy substituting beef for the chicken and beef broth for the chicken broth. The original recipe calls for tofu, but I don't eat this. Hard-headed, I guess. If you want it vegetarian use the tofu and vegetable broth. Additional bouillon powder can be added if you like the broth more flavorful.
Top Review by mizjmassie
Pretty darn good. I cheasted by using a precooked rotisserie chicken and I also added some sliced mushrooms. Not a big fan of mushrooms, but it did make a nice textural difference and besides my hubby loves them. I will definitely be making this again.
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth
- 113.39 g uncooked vermicelli, broken into thirds (sub other noodle)
- 226.79 g cooked chicken, cubed
- 85.04 g snow peas (fresh or frozen)
- 236.59 ml matchstick cut carrot (or shredded)
- 2.46 ml chili sauce (sub 1 or 2 drops hot sauce)
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro (sub parsley)
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml grated ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Stir in vermicelli or other noodle, return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high and simmer about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, snow peas, carrots and chili sauce.
- Simmer about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger.
- Serve immediately.