Nancy's Pantry's Note:
We love Chicken and Eggplant at our local Chinese food restaurant; however, I would love to make it at home. I found this recipe on the internet and it is courtesy of Panda Express (a local Chinese fast-food takeout) here. Haven't tried it yet, but placing here for safe-keeping. Prep time does not include marinating time for chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/2 ounce green onion, sliced
- cornstarch, mix (50% water, 50% cornstarch, need 1 1/2 tbsp.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 ounces Japanese eggplants, sliced lengthwise into quarters (depending upon size)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine (rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- cooked rice, for serving
- 1Combine marinade ingredients and marinate chicken for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- 2In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil for 20 seconds. Add chicken and stir quickly (separating chicken) for 30 seconds. Remove chicken and drain.
- 3Place 2 tablespoons garlic and red bell pepper in wok and cook for 5 seconds. Add cooking wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce and water to wok. Slice off eggplant stem and slice eggplant. Add eggplant and stir until the mixture boils. Turn heat to low, cover and cook 2-3 minutes (make sure mixture does not run dry). After 2 minutes check to see if eggplant is tender; then add cornstarch mixture slowly. Return chicken to wok; stir and fold until mixed well with sauce again. Add green onion and sesame oil and stir & fold until thoroughly mixed.
- 4Serve with steamed or fried rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chicken and Japanese Eggplant Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 1420.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 24.2 g