Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
from 'The Everything Barbeque Cookbook' Cooking time does not include marinating time.
Make and share this Asian Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- Stir together soy sauce, sherry, canola oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, pepper, and nutmeg. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour half of the mixture over chicken. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Grill the chicken for 35 to 40 minutes, or until done. Use the sauce the chicken marinated in as a basting sauce during the first half of the cooking time. Pour the other half of the sauce over the chicken pieces when serving.
Great chicken! It was moist and flavorful. My DH and teens all loved it and had more than one piece! We used legs and thighs, marinating for about 3 hours. The seasonings were nicely balanced and really enhanced the chicken. This might also be good with pork tenderloin or chops. Thanks GothicGranola - this is a keeper!