Recipe by Rita~
This is a Asian twist on the American cheese ball!Serve with Fresh sliced celery stalks, carrot sticks, toasted pita, grilled chicken slices whatever you want.
Top Review by KelBel
Considering the bold ingredients, this was not overpowering with any one flavor. Next time I may cut the cream cheese so the other flavors come out more. Made a lot of cheese ball!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, shelled and grilled
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon pickled ginger, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons wasabi, to taste
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, soy sauce, water chestnuts, shrimp, cilantro, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Gradually stir in wasabi paste until you reach the desired amount of spice.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the cheese mixture from the refrigerator, and shape into a ball.
- Roll in the remaining sesame seeds to cover.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.