Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Asian twist on the American cheese ball!Serve with Fresh sliced celery stalks, carrot sticks, toasted pita, grilled chicken slices whatever you want.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, shelled and grilled
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon pickled ginger, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons wasabi, to taste
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds, divided
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, soy sauce, water chestnuts, shrimp, cilantro, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Gradually stir in wasabi paste until you reach the desired amount of spice.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the cheese mixture from the refrigerator, and shape into a ball.
- Roll in the remaining sesame seeds to cover.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Considering the bold ingredients, this was not overpowering with any one flavor. Next time I may cut the cream cheese so the other flavors come out more. Made a lot of cheese ball!