Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very tasty recipe that I found on the internet.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 lb boneless chicken, bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated fresh ginger
- 2 stalks bok choy, cut into small pieces (I used Napa cabbage)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 finely sliced green onions
- n a large pot with boiling water, cook angel hair pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat canola and sesame oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and cook until softened. Stir in chopped chicken with onion until chicken browns and juices run clear. Add ginger, bok choy, chicken stock, dry sherry, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce to pan and thoroughly stir. Reduce heat and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Toss pasta with chicken mixture until well coated. Season with salt.
- Serve with sliced scallions on top of dish. Serve warm.
Very easy and very tasty!! I left the meat out and used it as a side dish - hubby loved it!
This was really good. I need to make more of the chicken next time though because there wasn't enough for my dh. The flavors were very nice! Thanks for sharing.