Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For extra flavor, toast the sesame seeds.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or pineapple juice or just water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasting is optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Heat sesame oil in skillet on medium-high heat; add carrots, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, juice (or water) and ginger root. Reduce heat, cover and cook at a simmer and stir until carrots are crisp-tender (depends how small your carrot slices are).
- Stir in the honey. Stir in well and cook until heated through.
- Top with the sesame seeds. Season with pepper and salt, if needed.
These were quite surprising and delicious. I omitted the honey for our tastes and really enjoyed the balance of sweet from the hoisin against tart from the orange.
If you like Asian food don't pass up these carrots. They are so full of flavor and easy to make. I love the flavor of sesame oil. I did not use any salt or pepper as they were perfect without it. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
I made this recipe with Homemade Hoisin Sauce With Peanut Butter. I used orange juice. I used toasted black sesame seeds and no salt and pepper. Really yummy. Thanks Parsley :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT