- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or pineapple juice or just water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasting is optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Heat sesame oil in skillet on medium-high heat; add carrots, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, juice (or water) and ginger root. Reduce heat, cover and cook at a simmer and stir until carrots are crisp-tender (depends how small your carrot slices are).
- Stir in the honey. Stir in well and cook until heated through.
- Top with the sesame seeds. Season with pepper and salt, if needed.