1/6 Photos of Asian Carrots
For extra flavor, toast the sesame seeds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or pineapple juice or just water)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasting is optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- 1Heat sesame oil in skillet on medium-high heat; add carrots, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, juice (or water) and ginger root. Reduce heat, cover and cook at a simmer and stir until carrots are crisp-tender (depends how small your carrot slices are).
- 2Stir in the honey. Stir in well and cook until heated through.
- 3Top with the sesame seeds. Season with pepper and salt, if needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 315.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g