Recipe by CraftScout
I wanted to make something that my picky DD would eat on a night when I was trying to make Japanese food. So I paired two of her favorite foods! I used green vegetable flavored noodles I got from my local Asian market, but you can use linguini or even spaghetti.
- 2 ounces long thin noodles (about 1 c. cooked)
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Depending on your noodles, you may need to start cooking them before or after you slice the carrots. Mine only take 5 minutes so I did them afterwards.Regardless start boiling your water for them now.
- Wash and peel your carrots. With your vegetable peeler make long carrot "noodles". This is the bulk of the prep time. If I find an easier way to do this, I will amend this recipe.
- Sprinkle the carrot peels with salt to draw out moisture. In a few minutes they will be quite limp (like cooked noodles). If you are using fast cooking noodles, now would be the time to cook them.
- Mix the last three ingredients.
- Mix the limp carrot strips, the cooked and drained noodles, and the sauce mixture.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving(the cook time listed), but can be made as much as 24 hours ahead of time.