Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Tired of the same old salads? Here's a smart bunch you can dress to impress! Use a vegetable peeler to cut long, thin ribbons from carrots and cucumbers.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 large carrots, peeled, cut into ribbons (see note)
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons
- 2 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- 50 g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Pour vegetable oil, vinegar, sesame oil and honey into a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Place carrot and snow peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until snow peas turn bright green. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Return to bowl.
- Add cucumber, beansprouts, snow pea sprouts and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing just before serving. Toss to combine. Serve.