1/1 Photo of Asian Californian Mexican Faux Crab Salad
I found a recipe on a fun food blog -- SingleGuyChef -- that looked absolutely perfect for me, had most of my favorite foods all combined together, except for one thing, it wasn't kosher. So with a little playing around, I came up with this. Good thing I'm good at adapting... ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup of diced red pepper
- 2 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly and prettily sliced on the diagnol
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons of minced hot pepper, remove the seeds and veins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, small dice
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- sour cream, for topping (use your discretion, or lack of...)
Faux Crab Bit
- 1In a glass bowl, toss together the ingredients for the salsa. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to let the flavors build. SingleGuyChef says to let it sit for an hour but 30 minutes is also okay.
- 2Combine the chopped avocado and lime juice, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- 3In another glass bowl, add all of the ingredients for the faux crab.
- 4Toss, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 5Okay, now for the combining the three bits:.
- 6You could make the crab the base, then the avocado, then the salsa, topped with sour cream.
- 7Or -- you could make the avocado the base, topped with crab, then with salsa, then with sour cream.
- 8Or -- you could spread a nice base of salsa, top with the crap and then add the avocado, sour cream on top or to the side.
- 9Or -- well, start using your imagination, you don't need me to tell you how to do everything, do you?.
- 10I've served these in our house as an appetizer in oversized martini glasses. I'll let you guess the order I layered the bits -- ;-).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Californian Mexican Faux Crab Salad
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: