Recipe by Kathleen Constance
This has been a favourite of many a pot luck! It's a recipe that was given to me from someone, who got it from someone, who got it from someone.... There are quite a few similar recipes on 'Zaar, each with its own twist. Here's another one!
- 4 -5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 -2 cup snow pea pods, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- 6 green onions, chopped
Dressing(use reserved raman flavor packet plus)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄8 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, any flavour, any brand, broken into small bits, reserve flavor packet for dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix shredded cabbage, sliced pea pods, and chopped green onions.
- On a cookie sheet, spread the sunflower seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, and broken-up dry noodles. Toast under the broiler in the oven - stirring occasionally to mix. Watch them, as they can toast "suddenly"! Once done, set aside to cool.
- In a measuring cup, measure and mix the dressing ingredients. Quantities are a suggestion and can be altered to your own taste. I often add more vinegar and soya sauce, and a little less oil and sugar.
- Add the dressing and "crunch" to the cabbage mixture and toss. Do not combine the three parts until just before serving or the "crunch" will go "soggy"!