Recipe by Sharlene~W
Quick and tasty salad I found when looking for ideas for a luau. Wonderful as is, but I am also going to try adding chicken breast pieces and peanuts for a delicious Chinese Chicken Salad. Adapted from a recipe I found on partyshop.com. The only cooking is toasting the sesame seeds, almonds and ramen noodles.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (shrimp flavored)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove flavor packet from ramen noodles.
- With noodles in the package, break the noodles up into small pieces.
- Put noodles, almonds and sesame seeds on a baking tray and bake at 350°F for 5-8 minutes until browned.
- Mix together oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, green onions and ramen flavor packets.
- Toss half of ramen noodle mix, napa cabbage and dressing.
- Sprinkle remaining noodle mix over top.