Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Delicious and refreshing. Will keep in the frig for a few days.
Top Review by jmgannon2457
I can't believe this recipe has been here for 5 years with only one review....so glad I found it. I made the following changes: 4 cups cabbage (1/2 med. head). In the dressing, I changed the oil to 1T light olive oil, 1T hemp oil, and 1T sesame oil. Increased the rice vinegar to 4T and used 2T tamari instead of the soy sauce. Absolutely delicious and so simple and fresh!!!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 dash chili oil or 1 dash Tabasco sauce (add more if you want a hotter slaw)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts or 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper; stir to combine then set aside.
- In another bowl, add the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and chili oil; whisk until combined well.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture; toss to coat.
- Let marinate for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Right before ready to serve; toss slaw and add the chopped peanuts or toasted sesame seeds if desired.